Matchbook Bettors Bet £1Million on Donald Trump to Lose USA Presidential Election

Matchbook Bettors Bet £1Million on Donald Trump to Lose USA Presidential ElectionBettors are focused on Donald Trump despite Hillary Clinton being the favourite to become the 45th President.

The Trump market appears more volatile as Matchbook bettors have now placed more than £1million against the businessman winning the race.

Hillary Clinton stands out among UK bettors as the favourite to win the race to The White House.

At odds of around 7/10, the market gives Clinton a 56% chance of securing the Democratic Party candidacy and be inaugurated as the 45th US President. Although polls among Republican voters suggest that Donald Trump will be her rival representing the Grand Old Party come November 2016, the market suggests otherwise where Trump only has a 24% to win the GOP nomination.

Interestingly customers of betting exchange believe that focusing their funds on Trump to lose is a better way of making money, and have bet over £1m that he won’t win the race to be president.

The billionaire businessman has been criticised for his stances on a multitude of topics from immigration to fighting terrorism and bettors believe his controversial comments will not stand him in good stead in the long run.

As such it is the ‘lay’ market that is most revealing. As a betting exchange, Matchbook provides customers with the ability to bet against something happening [lay a bet], as the peer-to-peer platform enables customers to wager against fellow bettors.

A total of over £1million has already been bet on on Trump not winning the election by Matchbook customers and with 10 months still to go until the US presidential election there is guaranteed to be far more money traded on the main candidates.

Backing up this statistic is the Winning Party market, where Matchbook customers are displaying more confidence in a Democratic candidate being inaugurated on Capitol Hill in January 2017. Regardless of who wins the nomination Matchbook customers are saying the Democrats have 58% chance of winning with Republicans on 42%.

To keep up to date on the latest odds and betting news follow Matchbook on Twitter or Facebook.

source :

Share This Article:

More Similar Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here